Overall, it was a fun movie if you don’t take it seriously….and if you know absolutely NOTHING about the Tekken game series. Good for a rent at the local RedBox…or free to watch somewhere online.
- Lotsa short, sweet fight sequences that really know how to make you wince. (it’s no Jet Li wushu film, but it’s still good)
- Pacing was really smooth for a 90-minute film. (the time in which the chain of events happens is completely unrealistic, but the movie never drags or rushes)
- Acting is really flat.
- Characters’ designs have been messed with and are seriously out of character. (which is why it would be best not to know anything about the game)
- The script. Oh my god the script is srsly lulz. “THIS IS IRON FIST!” (300ish reference) and “Heihachi Mishima is dead…” (Tekken 5 reference) say “hi”.
- The costumes look like average cosplays.
- Some sequences/situations are just so unrealistic….they’re just…lulzy.